Central Kentucky Riding for Hope is very fortunate to have 14 PATH Intl. certified instructors committed to the excellence of CKRH. Instructors receive certification after successfully completing an instructor certification course, which requires each instructor to demonstrate their own horsemanship and riding skills, lesson planning and instructing abilities, their knowledge of disabilities and PATH Intl. standards and guidelines. Additionally, certified instructors maintain their CPR, First Aid and continuing education requirements annually.
- Carmen Radar-Bowles – PATH Intl. registered level
- Marti Congleton - PATH Intl. advanced level
- Ann Cothran - PATH Intl. registered level and equine specialist
- Maggie Garrison - PATH Intl. registered level and PATH certified driving instructor
- Jenny Jackson - PATH Intl. registered level
- Chelsea Packard--PATH Int'l registered level
- Julie Peterson--PATH Int'l advanced level
- Denise Spittler - PATH Intl. registered level
- Lisa Swanson - PATH Intl. registered level
- Amanda Workman - PATH Intl. registered level
- Christina Pescatore--PATH Certified registered level
- Sarah Ritter--PATH Certified registered level
- Shelly Stanley--PATH Certified registered level
Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning
- Lisa Harris, MSPT, MSVSc, HPCS, AHA Registered Therapist, PATH Intl. advanced level
- Rebecka Johnson, OT
- Kathryn L. Splinter-Watkins, MOT, OTR/L, FAOTA, AHA Registered Therapist and PATH Intl. advanced level
- Charlotte Easley,MSW, CSW, PATH Certified Equine Specialist
There are guidelines as to the qualifications, responsibilities and training requirements of therapists wishing to practice Hippotherapy that have been established by the American Hippotherapy Association and approved by the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International.
Central Kentucky Riding for Hope is very fortunate to have available to us state licensed Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech-Language Pathologists who have additionally become registered with the American Hippotherapy Association after successful completion of "Introduction to Hippotherapy - Classic Principles". This is as intense training course in the classic principles of hippotherapy, equine movement, and equine psychology.